Mechanical Design Engineer
We design super-efficient systems inspired by the deep study of evolutionary biomechanics. What motivates us is our drive to create original and worthwhile solutions to real problems.
Currently in development we have a micro-UAV and paramotor delivery system, plus other autonomous programs in our business roadmap.
Based near Oxford, we are growing rapidly and are looking for talented people with a desire to work on interesting and diverse projects in a very stimulating, unique environment.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team working on our paramotor delivery projects. We are a small team and the pace of development is fast so we are looking for a hands on engineer who works well in a team but can also run with an idea from concept through prototype fabrication, test and development.
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will be involved in the following: -
- Conceptualisation, design and engineering of both complete vehicles and sub-systems.
- CAD design and modelling.
- Production of prototype units involving:
- Sub contracting: output of cad files/drawings, communicating with and management of supplier chain and quality control.
- Hands on fabrication: you should be experienced at hand fabrication, machine tool use and materials selection.
- Assembly of both mechanical and electronic systems.
- System test, both workshop/office based and field based
- Tracking and reporting of work in progress.
You will have the following skills/experience:
- A highly creative and innovative design engineer.
- A self starter capable of following an idea from concept to test.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, aircraft and aerospace engineering.
- Self motivated with the ability to work well both in a team and as an individual.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on application of fabrication techniques - the more varied the better.
- A good knowledge of Solidworks or similar CAD package.
- Working knowledge of electronic systems.
- Some experience of MS Office.
- Interest in Radio Controlled aircraft/drones including piloting skills.
- Experience with Ardupilot or similar autopilot.
- Small scale DFM.
In addition you will:
- Have a willingness to work in often challenging outdoor conditions.
- Be a problem solver with the ability to think "outside the box"
- Be able to offer some level of flexibility in working hours.
- Salary: very competitive, dependent on experience.
- EMI share options scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days additional leave for Christmas closure.
- Pension scheme.
Note to all applicants
Due to the security classification on the work we do, we will undertake a routine Baseline Personnel Security Standard check on the successful applicant. This is a standard process which includes references and career history checks.
For full details of how we will use your personal data please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement available at www.animal-dynamics.com/rps
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.