Mechanical Design (CAD) Engineer
At Animal Dynamics, building on a deep understanding of movement in animals, we are trying to create more efficient and powerful systems, capable of performance beyond anything currently found in conventional engineering.
What motivates us is our drive to create original and worthwhile solutions to real problems and realise designs that will disrupt industries and technical approaches that have long been taken for granted.
Currently in development we have a micro-UAV and paramotor delivery system, plus other autonomous programs in our business roadmap. We have demand for these products in a variety of international markets.
Based near Oxford, we are growing rapidly and are looking for talented people with a desire to work in a very stimulating environment.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team working on our micro-UAV (Skeeter) project . We are a small integrated team providing a range of mechanical design solutions into the project. The designs are for small, high precision, light weight, efficient mechanical assemblies that are then manufactured, assembled and tested.
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for generating original ideas for solving a range of mechanical problems. This will primarily involve the creation of CAD models and drawings for parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies. You will also assist in generating original ideas to solve a range of mechanical problems and investigate ways of improving existing designs.
Essential skills and experience
You will have the following skills and experience:-
- HND or Degree qualified in Engineering with a mechanical design bias
- Minimum of 3 years experience in industry as a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional - Model Based Design (CSWP-MBD)
- Good working knowledge and experience of application of BS.8888
- Experience in the application of ISO 286 Limits & Fits and GD&T
- Full life cycle experience of design from concept through to manufacture
- A highly creative and innovative design engineer
Desirable skills and experience: -
- Experience with designing small scale, high precision mechanisms
- Familiar with SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard
- Experience in selection and specification of materials, heat treatments and finishes
- Salary: very competitive, dependent on experience
- EMI share options scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days additional leave for Christmas closure
- Pension scheme
This is a full-time position but part-time would be considered for the right candidate.
Note to all applicants
Due to the security classification on the work we do, we will undertake a routine Baseline Personnel Security Standard check on the successful applicant. This is a standard process which includes references and career history checks.
For full details of how we will use your personal data please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement available at www.animal-dynamics.com/rps
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.